Friday, May 30, 2008

tgif

i was having a discussion about poetry last night with the new crush... (i don't know if new crush even applies anymore since it's been a while now and we are officially a couple, but whatever). so we were just talking in general and I shared my favorite poem of all time. It's called No Second Troy by William Butler Yeats... and i know this sounds nerdy but i love one line in particular which i will make bold...

No Second Troy
William Butler Yeats

Why should I blame her that she filled my days
With misery, or that she would of late
Have taught to ignorant men most violent ways,
Or hurled the little streets upon the great.
Had they but courage equal to desire?
What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this,
Being high and solitary and most stern?
Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?

so that confirmed my nerdiness but what can i say. i was just sitting here wondering why i like this poem so much but it just seems so passionate to me... in a subtle way... and subtlety goes a long way with me... in a lot of areas.

like i think being subtle is much sexier than just being brazen. for instance, i think a certain look from across the room or an unexpected caress is so much more intriguing than someone just saying something blatant. now don't get me wrong... there is definitely times when aggression is necessary... when i need someone to just grip me up and have their way. but in general i think subtlety is key. Is that a female thing? like i think lingerie is sexier than just blatant nakedness... i don't know. i think guys are probably the exact opposite.. hmmmm maybe i'll take a survey

3 comments:

Keli said...

Definately a female thing.

E.Knight said...

I don't know. Blatant females can be a turn off to men to. Like I once had a woman come out and say "would you have sex with me?" and that was about as sexy as saying can you help me with my taxes

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely on the subtlety side......ass naked is never cute....lingerie is the most sexy thing a woman can do for a man. Nothing turns me off more than seeing too much. I like the skirts, and small shorts, the sexy panties, nightgowns, high socks....all that good stuff. Subtle is much better than overt nastiness or nakedness......