Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Summertime...Gershwin not Fresh Prince

"summertime
and the living is easy
fish are jumping
and the cotton is high..."


not sure why that song is in my head right now... maybe because i was just thinking about how packed this summer is going to be....
i have a lot of trips planned and trying to squeeze some smaller ones in as well.

june 13th going to chicago for a few days for my homie's graduation
june 27th going to baltimore for the weekend
july 3rd- going away for 4th of july weekend (looking forward to this one the most)
july 14th going to disney world for the week

that's it so far but i am excited.

"summertiiiiiiiiime...

what I love most about summer is the warm weather and just the renewal that comes with it. i feel like i am breaking out of a shell i have been in... some sort of winter funk. now that i am typing this, i wonder if new crush has anything to do with it?
whatever the reason, this feels great. the only way i can explain it is i feel like i am breaking away an outside layer i had on. peeling off the armor... it's refreshing... like... lemonade (inside joke)

"and the living is eeeaaaaaaasy..."

i see myself turning a corner. maybe the worst is behind me and there are better days ahead. hope is a great feeling. i don't really expect life to be easy... i know you have to work hard for everything worth having, but i think i will be enjoying the work a little more going forward. we'll see...

yes... we shall see...

3 comments:

Chris said...

Whenever you are walking through a valley or low point, it's always a struggle getting back to the highlands...just pray that it's a plateau instead of a mountain.

Nina said...

Beautifully written..

Janelle said...

I am happy to see corners being turned!
Your summer sounds like you are going to have TOO much fun.
My daughter's going to be at my mother's for 7 WHOLE weeks... I don't know what I'm going to do that whole time!