Monday, May 26, 2008

mmm lemonade....

so the new crush is going well... almost too well. we want the same things, believe the same things, are both passionate and imaginative. the conversations are so great... soooo not boring. like seriously, where has this kid been all my life? now i know it's always great in the beginning but this is different somehow. either this guys has phenomenal game or he is the real deal. i guess time will tell. but i can say this. this is the first time since i was with the ex fiancee, that i feel such a strong connection. it's the first time in a loooooooooooong time that i can't wait to talk to someone again. and i want him around all the time. like even when i am doing everyday stuff, just driving around, if i see something that makes me smile, i always wish he was there to share it with me. that is the FIRST time that has ever happened to me. i've never ever thought about someone like that. like last night for instance, i went out with my cousin and a few friends to this reggae night in philly. we went to a place called cavanaughsriverdeck and it is basically a club set up on a pier on the Delaware River. it was a beautiful night and the sky was clear, there was a light breeze but the water was calm and there was a beautiful view of the bridge and i was standing there kind of moving to the music, i stopped and wrapped my arms around myself and closed my eyes and just wished he was with me in that moment, just to enjoy the night and the view. pretty corny i know... but i can't help it.

i really hope this works out. i am so over meeting people that don't know what they want. or who are not an the same page as me... not equally yoked so to speak. and i hope this works out because dude seriously woke up feelings i have long buried. i feel hopeful and excited and bold and sexy and all the things a woman should feel. he makes me feel like he will take care of me and protect me when i am vulnerable, applaud me when i am strong... the cheesiness never stops...haha
but i am serious. it's a lot to feel about someone i've only been really talking to for about a month... but we kind of new each other before that for a few years i guess, just never really talked. so that is how i rationalize it in my head. and he is funny, like really really funny... and smart. and pretty much a great guy.

stay tuned... we'll see how this one goes...

5 comments:

Chris said...

Wow...I think it's dope that you've found someone that you feel that strongly about...it is always good at first, but you still know when they are full of it or not...you have that feeling like, "This is not the one." It's just how much do you drown out that voice...or if you killed that voice all together.

Liz said...

yeah true. i agree with you... and again this is the first time since hotsauce that i haven't heard that little voice. i heard it with too short and i heard it with the arteest... loud and clear... but still hung around, wasting time... waiting for something better and i am so excited to have found something so much better. and it's even more dope since it was kind of random... we'll see how it goes

Nina said...

yay!!!!

i hope it works out...you're not too far from me. i will cut a *****

Khoney330 said...

It's so lovely to love and be loved. I wish you all the luck in love you can bear.

K

Anonymous said...

I am extremely happy for you. No hateration here!!! Good luck, butterflies are wonderful, I hope to have that afflicition one day soon.........