Wednesday, December 03, 2008

stormy weather...

disappointment is very hard to swallow at times. I'm learning to lower my expectations to avoid being hurt. I've always thought the majority of people were inherently good and there were really just a few that weren't. that opinion is changing more and more each day. can anyone be trusted anymore? With all I've been through in life, I've managed to stay open to people and optimistic. but this... this may be the proverbial last straw. I don't want to become jaded or bitter... this too shall pass right? I don't want to lose my trust in people all together... i just don't know what to do. i mean. i know i want to forgive and move forward. i just don't know how. i don't know how to absorb the hurt and the pain spiraling through my body and refocus it to something positive. i don't know how to not let this affect my level of trust. i am like thinking about it obsessively. the more i try to not think about it, the more i start thinking of possible scenarios. possible outcomes... my imagination is running out of control. do i just close myself off? become a cold, hollow shell of my former self? that so goes against the very fabric of my person.
i'm done.
the end.

1 comment:

Felicia|DaLipstickBandit said...

i don't know, liz.

this is tough.

i offer you my empathy and...

hope that as time goes on, the wound hurts less,

and...

my fist to punch them in the face.