Monday, December 08, 2008

maybe i am bi-polar...

cuz i definitely don't feel like continuing my rant from before...
i do, however, feel like talking about how much I despise my job. I mean they pay me remarkably well (I made just about 80k my first year), and the benefits are fantastic but the job itself is ridiculous. no it's not even the job, it's the work environment. It is so unbelievable negative... the morale is non-existant. the reason is some people get away with muder while others are being susp and fired for the alightest infraction. And our union does nothing about it because the people getting away with murder are union members as well. It is just so unbelievably disheartening. seriously. but i can't leave. not right now anyway... i know i would be hard-pressed to find a job paying me what i am making now without a college degree. And aside from the pay, I've won a ridiculous amount of stuff over the last 3 years... a wii, 3 tv's, 2 laptops, an 80 gig iPod, maybe about 2k in gift cards macy's, foot locker, etc. I love all of that. I love winning prizes... I got the majority of that in my first year and a half. the perverbial well seems to have dried up. and on top of that they are now routing our sales calls overseas and to 3rd party vendors so they don't have to pay out commission. and that is fine if that is what the corporation deems necessary. but in the last year and a half outr sales objectives have quadrupled (not exaggerating) with less payout and less sales opportunities. to top it off, we get to deal with the backlash of the vendors making up prices and telling the customers whatever they want to hear... whether it's true or not. i can't stand it. i dread coming into work. I start half-way having anxiety attacks on sunday nights thinking about coming to work on monday... something has got to give. at what point to i put my mental health and well-being over "stuff"? I am not going to make any rash decisions... I am gonna stick it out and pray for the best... I don't want to leave Verizon necessarily but I do need to get a new position STAT... uhgggg

on a completely different note... have you ever seen someone's ex and gotten mad at them for even talking to someone so atrocious? like how annoying is that? am i the only one that gets mad at that? ha haaa... especially if there was no personality to make up for it... just completely wack on every level...

fin.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Girl I feel you on the job issues... When I first started this job my supervisor seduced with stories of unlimited amounts of commission and such...and I'll admit that the commission is FANTASTIC... It's just not what she claimed.
And she is a straight crack head with her nonesense she puts us threw.
I don't know of another job where I could make this amount of money with out a college degree either...I mean my take home is basically what I made gross at my other job.
I want to leave but I won't.

Nina said...

everyone is going through it but..it's definitely not the economy to be going with your heart...as sucky as that is....

i swear! i wan to cut a motha-----

but, my bills are paid. my rent is paid....i have a couple extra dollars to buy sparkly things and i'm complacent, if not content.