Sunday, November 30, 2008

this is the longest post ever....

So Chris has been out here visiting me in Jersey for the past 10 days or so and it has been splendid. I love him... and I love when he is here. I am still trying to finagle some time of from verizon so I will be able to go out there to visit him and momma e and big c and the grannies. i miss them all even though i haven't spent too much time with them but chris and i are connected and that makes me connected to his fam as well.
so thanksgiving with my family in maryland was fun... the food was delicious. I got there early and helped my momma cook. we made turkey, ham, lamb, stuffing with sausage and dried cherries, cornbread stuffing, cornbread, mac & cheese, candied yams, corn, potato salad, collard greens, tossed salad, and of course the gravy. well what i actually made was the cornbread dressing, man & cheese, the grazy, the candied yams, and the glaze for the ham. my mom made everything else. she also baked 2 apple pies, 2 sweet potato pies, and a pecan pie the day before. while the various items were baking, my younger sisters and i decorated a pumpkin that my mom hollowed out and used for a vase. we used paint and nailpolish to make leaves and i wrote Happy Thanksgiving with purple nailpolish then added glitter. before we ate, we went around the table saying what we were thankful for and everyone had something meaningful to say. especially my dad... he was saying how he is thankful that he is able to provide for his family and that none of his children are criminals or strung out on drugs and that he is thankful for his grandchildren and that he gets a chance to see them grow. it was so sweet and heartfelt... so sincere. i thought he was gonna start crying but he manned up. ha haa... so we ate, told stories, and laughed at my dad saying retarded stuff. we watched a movie. then chris and i came home...
so Chris asks me if he can take my truck to go to best buy early in the morning on Black Friday. I couldn't venture out because i had to work black friday but i told him if he was geeling confident then he could take it. he was saying something about going to best buy looking for some external hard drive or something so i didn't think much of it. now the whole week prior to thanksgiving, i had been trying to get guuitar hero for my wii and for some reason i never got it. when i was finally going to go buy one, chris is all like, you should play with it first to make sure you like it. so i still wasn't thinking anything of it. i was just like uh ok. anyway back to the story... so chris gets up at like 3:30 and leaves for his black friday excursion. i was sleep! I have no idea when he got home or anything... all i know is my alarm went off at 7 and i got up and turned on the light in my room and in the middle of the floor is a huge bag of stuff and a homemade card from chris saying "Merry Christmas!!! I know it is a month away but I am not gonna be here so I wanted to give you your stuff now. I hope you like everything." I was so shocked... i had no idea he was trying to surprise me but it was sooooo sweet. i think i squealed! He got me a crap load of jeans and sweaters... and i was just complaining that i needed sweaters... i felt a little guilty because i know he is not working right now and i really was not expecting or needing a gift from him. so i was super excited. i loved everything. so i thanked him profusely and had to rush to get ready for work. so i go through my morning routine and as i was leaving, chris followed me out to the living room which was a little strange and he was just chatting with me but i got my coat and was about to leave and chris is like ok i didn't get the response i want so you must not have seen it.
and i say, seen what?
and he says look down
so i look down and i am looking at my feet and the Jordan 5's I had on thinking to myself like is something different? did he clean them? relace them? what?
then he says now look to the right doofus
so i look over and RIGHT beside my foot is the stinking Guitar Hero I had been trying to buy. i was so stunned, it was so sweet and thoughtful. i was so surprised. i really don't know how i missed that big box in the middle of my floor. lol. i dunno. i got him a lot of stuff for Christmas but this was so dope. it really was. so i had my christmas in november and it was fantastic.

we went back to md on fri and hung out with my family again... we watched kung fu panda and went to sleep. sat morning i made banana pancakes (from scratch) with pecan syrup and it was DELICIOUS! i also made some fried eggs and my mom made bacon. my dad made corned beef the way us jamaicans eat it with rice. so it was more like a brunch than a breakfast but everything was good and we went shopping with the fam.

then

I went to Sonic for the FIRST TIME. OMG! it was fantastic! mm mmmmmm
so after that we went back to the parents house and watched some movie. hung out a little bit then came back home. so on the way home chris and i had a fat moment. how? well we used my new google phone (which i ABSOLUTELY LOVE btw) to find the sonic nearest my house. i had no idea there was any near me and lo and behold not even 15 minutes away in PA, a big, beautiful sonic. so yes we went again before we went home and got some sticky bun ice cream thing... sooooo good.

well Dexter is on now so i'll have to continue another time. but all is well... there is a big part of the weekend that i am leaving out temporarily but i will blog about it sometime next week. i'll explain why then... okay i am missing dexter and he needs to kill miguel. like he has to. there is no other option... uhg i love this show...

2 comments:

Chris said...

Awwww...I'm glad you liked everything sweetie...I love you.

Felicia|DaLipstickBandit said...

That is so sweet!

I think I squealed...
ugh!!!

:-D