Thursday, July 31, 2008

post traumatic slave syndrome

thanks nas for today's title...
this really isn't going to be as deep as the title implies... but i am stressed out. this strike business is getting to me. well not yet but i have been a slave to verizon for the past 4 years and to think these n-words don't want to agree to any of the improvements requested for our contract. i can even understand not wanting to agree to new amendments to the contract, but they also don't want to agree to extend the contract with the current terms.... sometimes i feel like maybe we are asking too much since our benefits are 100% paid for and verizon pays tuition upfront and books... and my base salary is fantastic... especially since this is a sales job and i make commission in addition to my salary. BUT then i come in here and i am a SLAVE to verizon. i am chained to my desk, big brother watches every move, there is no room to breathe, it is HIGH pressure and at the end of the day i am required to make verizon $625k in revenue this month... just like all the rest of the consultants here. we don't get any sick days and there is zero tolerance for lateness... and we get a measly hal hour lunch. my head is usually ready to explode by the time i leave... i earn every penny i get here. so i am a slave to verizon and stressed out and looking forward to striking.

on a much lighter note, i realized yesterday just how sick i am and just how much i need prayer for my love of shoes... me and two of my homies (pink shoes/scrabble girl and Dee) were talking about my new found love of sneakers and dee was saying she wants me to go back to stilettos. pink shoes co-signed... i had to remind them that my shoe collection is still fabulous and i still buy other shoes... i just didn't realize there was a whole sneaker culture and i am totally drawn into it. so the convo eventually progresses to dee asking me if i could get a bmw to trade in all my shoes would i do it. and my answer was honestly no. I actually felt a twinge in my heart when thinking about actually parting with ALL my shoes. simply couldn't do it. but i would think about it really hard... so dee and pink shoes told me i was crazy. which i concede, may be true. BUT i needed stipulations... i mean are we talking a base model 3-series or a fully loade alpina b7?? so i decided i would only be able to part with ALL my shoes for a 745 Li, an Alpina B7, an M6 or an M5, or the hard top convertible (i think 325) fully loaded of course. pink shoes girl still thought i was crazy but then said she wouldn't cut off her hair for a car. and i think that is crazy! i would walk around bald as ghandi for a hyundai accent much less a bmw!! but she said she would give up a toe before her hair because she can disguise not having a toe but not her hair. even though dee pointed out her hair would grow back and her toe wouldn't... so who is really the crazy one??

3 comments:

Chris said...

You and your friends are SO odd...so odd.

Young woman on a journey said...

yeah, you might be a little crazy. but toe girl is much much crazier!

E.Knight said...

yeah my job is crazy too, if i don't get a raise/promotion I'm outta there