Friday, July 25, 2008

cnn... and other stuff

i am so glad i am not the only one who was utterly annoyed by the cnn special about black men in america last night. i'll admit that i didn't watch part 1 about women and families so i don't know tha spin on that part. but part 2 was some foolishness. i just don't think it was a fair or balanced portrayal of black men or the real struggles they have to deal with. it seemed like the only successful black men besides spike lee that were interviewed all had identity issues... issues trying to fit in with their black contemporaries. maybe i am naive but i don't think that is a fair representation. they couldn't find one successful black man that didn't have those issues? i could have suggested a few.

so i started this post a while ago but had to take some calls and these wack customers have taken the wind out of my sails... so as much as i hate to just switch topics like this...

WHYYYYYY did Will get eliminated from So You Think You Can Dance??? america is a bunch of haters!! he was good... and his body was perfection... like for real...
see!



ok well you can't see that well in that clip but trust his body is the truth...

DANG IT!! another call... uhhhhg

okay i'm back... new topic.
so i changed my hair SLIGHTLY and everyone is acting like it is so amazing. i don't get it. like seriously i don't get it.
i usually wear my hair out of my face becasue hair in my face annoys me... the other morning, i was rushing and didn't curl my hair so it was straight and the back half ended up in a ponytail the front half just kind of looked like long bangs swooped to my left (i usually swoop to my right when i do wear my hair forward). nothing dramatic or fantastic but apparently eveyone likes it. i've gotten more compliments this week then ever. chris thinks i'm dumb that it annoys me but it really isn't that serious. most people just said they liked it and it's cute but then one dude said it made me look exotic... and another dude i'm cool with was like damn you're really beautiful. i was just like uhm ok. thanks.
now day 1 of this new style, i did catch my reflection somewhere and was surprised that it was pretty cute since it required absolutely no effort and i did wear it the rest of the week but i still don't get the response... eh whatever


TGIF!! woooo hoooooo!!

oh and 2 weeks til chris visits! YAY!

No comments: