Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I can do it!!!

so i have decided to participate in a triathlon next June. it's a three part race with swimming half a mile, biking some miles (i forget how many but i want to say 13 or 23) and running 5k. yes i am chubby as hell and yes i have not seriously exercised in years BUT I am determined and dedicated to doing this. I got a trainer who specifies in this sort of conditioning and our first meeting is next Tuesday. He is putting me on a meal plan and i have to meet him twice a week for an hour in "the dungeon" which is what he calls his gym. i am nervous already but i am excited as well. i will be posting my progress with some pics during the next 8 months...
So far 2 people have laughed at me and said i am not gonna do it... little do they know... i can be quite determined. AND i will do this for the satisfaction of proving them wrong. Really though, i am doing this for myself. i want to prove to myself that i can do it... that anything is possible. so you guys pray for me and we'll see what happens...

4 comments:

Chris said...

I know that whatever you decide to do you can; you have more faith and determination that anybody I've met...you can do it, those people are just laughing because they know they can't...

Nina said...

eff those people for real!

you can do it!

Eb the Celeb said...

Go girl!

I so couldn't do it!

Lack of discipline.. I cant even program my body to get in the gym 3 times a week let alone train for a triathlon...

Good luck!

EDE said...

I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I'm cheering and praying you through too. Go Baby Feet, go Baby Feet, go Baby Feet, go Baby Feet, go Baby Feet, go Baby Feet!!!!!!