Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Miss New Booty! session 1




That's what I was expecting from my exercise session last night with the personal trainer. But I was pleasantly surprised that is not what i got at all. Last night was the first of 8 training sessions with Rick. I was very worried for a few reasons... 1- he calls his gym "the dungeon", 2- my cousin, who is way more in shape than i am, threw up after his first session, and 3- i am soooooooo not in shape it's not even funny. so anyway, i get there and rick is very nice, personable, not a weirdo like the vision i had in my head. and he explained every thing to me. what the exercise was and why we were doing it and how it's going to help. i learned a lot. so apparently, since my goal is the triathlon in june, we are focusing on white muscle fibers instead of red muscle fibers... never knew there was a difference but essentially working the red muscle equals bulk and the white equals tone and endurance. we started out with me on a stationary bike for about 15 minutes. and towards the end of that time, he turned the resistance up and made me give him a "hard minute" of pedaling as fast as i could with the resistance high. dude... 1 minute of that and i was fittin' to PASS the bleep out! LOL! so from there we went to the bosu and i had to balance on that sucker and do squats... like this



that was way harder than it looked. okay so after that, he straps these resistance band things to my ankles. and we did some stuff with the big ball thing. and then we did some light 2.5 lb. weight for my arms. i was hurting. but it was well worth it. i felt good afterwards. i am still not ridiculously sore but i think that will happen tomorrow. day 2 is always worse. so my next appt will be on saturday at 12 and i have to do 30 minutes of cardio on my own one day this week. i also have a meal plan to follow which doesn't seem too hard. i'll try to post some "before" pics and my meal plan later this week.
i'm excited and i definitely think i made the right decision. triathlon aside, almost everyone on my dad's side over the age of 40 has "sugar". and we are all chunky butts... sooooo this is motivation to get in shape for my health and well being as well as proving to myself i can do it!

4 comments:

EDE said...

Hey Miss New Booty!!!! I like out nickname for you better than yours:)

You go with yo' bad self. I'm so proud of you!!!!!

I'll check back for the diet plan, etc.

EDE said...

YES, I'm having a busy day. I meant to type "our" not "out". Not good for an exec admin :(

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting!!! Good luck on the training and on the triathalon!!!

Janelle said...

YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!! good for you! you just motivated me to get back on track!