Tuesday, October 14, 2008

R.I.P. BOOG...



I am really having a hard time today. i found out one of my friends and co-workers at verizon died on saturday. in all honesty, i am really not sure why this is affecting me as deeply as it is.
here is the article

Apartment fire kills woman in Northeast

A 26-year-old woman was killed in a fire that started in her apartment in Northeast Philadelphia Saturday night.
The 9:30 p.m. fire was confined to the bathroom of the victim's first-floor apartment in the 600 block of Waterview Lane, off Woodhaven Road, Deputy Fire Chief Joseph Picozzi said. The apartment is in one of several three-story buildings in the St. Ives apartment complex.

Picozzi did not immediately release the identity of the victim. The fire, which was brought under control in 20 minutes, is under investigation.


there is speculation as to whether or not she took her own life. i just don't know what to think... we weren't the best of friends but i just always looked at her like a lil sister. we would argue about everything... friendly arguments but arguments none the less. She was just so cocky, always talking trash... but i could see past the bravado to the hurt that was inside. even the "arguments" we had were more or less just me trying to get her to see the bigger picture... i always wanted her to be "better"... it was just a weird, complex friendship that we had. i will miss her even though i didn't talk to her everyday, i talked to her enough to feel the loss. i mean 26... i am in such a diffent place now at 28 then i was at 26. so much has happened and so much is yet to happen. i know it is cliche but her passing definitely made me examine my own life and beliefs. as corny as it sounds, it made me value my salvation... it made me really value and appreciate the grace of God. i say that because i have put myself in more than a few situations that could have turned out very badly for me, i have made decisions that were irresponsible and just flat out dumb and dangerous. i realized that i could just have easily not lived to be here typing this but God had some mercy on me. i know i don't talk about my beliefs that often on here but it is a major part of my life... i just feel like maybe i was taking some things for granted. i am so sad about this. sincerely heart-broken. there are so many things i wish i said to her... i dunno.

RIP Kyra -aka- Boog

I am gonna miss you...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS A VERY TOUCHING LETTER YOU WROTE..I HEARD ABOUT HER DEATH THE NIGHT IT HAPPENED AND COULDNT BELIEVE IT..IT SEEM LIKE ONLY YESTERDAY WHEN WE WERE IN SCHOOL AND HER ACTIN A CLOWN..SHES GONE NOW BUT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN..I WILL LIKE TO KEAVE MY PRAYERS TO THE REST OR HER FRIENDS AND FAMILY...R.I.P K-BOOG I WILL MISS YOU

WILLIAM BAKER

Anonymous said...

Honestly, right now, im still in shock.....and im having a hard time dealing with it. That was my homie. I just wanna let her family know that my family and I will keep them in our prayers. R.I.P. Kyra.....I Love You Homie!!!!!!!!!!!

Janelle said...

Lost is lost. Whether the two of you were real close or not (just remember how the death of Aaliyah affected us all) she is still gone from this world.

I am deeply sorry for your lost. I'll make sure to say a little prayer for you both.