Saturday, August 16, 2008

two posts in the same day... wow

so saturday, my sis calls me to ask if i am going to the annual caribbean festival on penns landing. i wasn't really planning on going but i told her if she came and picked me up, i would go. we met up with my mom and other sisters and my cousin and his kids. we decided to park in Camden and take the ferry over to Philly. here are some pics on the ferry ride to Philly.

the philly skyline


me representin with my jamaica hat!


so far so good, right?

yeah.... no
we got there and no caribbean festival in sight. at all. apparently the caribbean festival is on sunday not saturday. but all was not lost because there was an Indian festival going on so we decided since we were already there, we might as well check it out. i loved it. it so appealed to my geek side. i figured since i was already there, i might as well embrace the experience and try something from another culture. my sister and i decided to get henna tattoos.

lil sis getting her henna applied


my henna application



here are some kids dressed up... i thought they were adorable


i'll spare you the pics of all the kids but here are some i took on my way back to camden from philly. this is probably my favorite picture of the day


3 comments:

LovexHate said...

That tatoos real pretty, nice pics too. Looks like alot of fun!

Chris said...

Awww...look at you being a little cute Ansel Adams...

Janelle said...

I love the scenic photos!!!

DId you all end up going back on Sunday?