Tuesday, April 22, 2008

randomness at its best!

So where do I even start....
hmm.....

oh let's start with nigga moments #2 and 3.
This past Friday was a BEAUTIFUL day... at least it was in the Philly metro area. Simply perfect weather. I had plans to go to a Phillies baseball game with the arteest (formerly known as "heart"). all was going well... i stopped at the mall to pick up a few gifts as my sisters baby shower was the next day and i had a kids b-day party to go to on sunday. anyway i still have the family hooptie as my passat is still being worked on. In true hooptie style, that bitch would NOT start when i was trying to leave the mall. like simply WOULD NOT start. I had taken a half day at work and everyone i knew was still at work... uhg... torture... i ended up calling the arteest and telling him to pick me up from the mall. not a huge deal but annoying none the less. turns out the battery was dead. that was moment #2. ok so let's move on. we get to the game and park. met up with some of my friends who were tailgating. had some beers some food and some good times.... til it was time to go into the game and i couldnt find the tickets. went back to the car... tickets not in the car either. i wanted to shrivel up and disappear! LOL! wtf?! so thank goodness i got the tix online so the stadium just reprinted them for me. that was moment #3. did i mention the arteest had to pick me up from the mall and take me all the way home to get the tix?.. and i left them. that is his fault though. why was it his fault? well because my apt was tore up and he came in and completely threw me off. i don't like people seeing my place a mess. and it was sho nuff tore up... uhg. so his fault for getting me all flustered. anyway all in all it was a fun night. i had a really nice time!

next!

so i direct my church choir (still don't know how that happened), and i am a mentor. I actually started a mentoring program and we started with the girls in my church. the mentors are each taking a turn helping with the youth ministry on friday nights. so one of the youth ministers (code name toes)kept telling me he wanted to talk to me. next friday is my friday to do youth night so i was assuming that is what he wanted to talk about. i saw him at prayer on monday night and i asked him what was up. so he said it was personal. so i got suspicious but i didn't ask any questions. i just high-tailed it out of there. anyway he texted me and asked if i had a minute. he called me and asked me if i thought it would be too weird for him to call me sometimes because he is basically trying to date. yall, he is 22. i am 28. i said it was ok for him to call because i didn't know what else to say. i mean he is not bad looking but i am just not really interested like that. that is weird to me. torture
so anyway i was discussing it with my homie (we'll call him b-more). b-more happens to be the arteest's cousin but he is my confidante... we talk all the time about all types of stuff and we go to same church. he was encouraging me to talk to toes. i was explaining why i wasn't interested in dating toes and one reason was because he irks me. reason he irks me is because he be having mood swings and what not. just weird in gereral. so b-more is like well the arteest irks you right? and you still talk to him. and then says that since i am supposed to be saved i shouldn't really be entertaining the arteest as he is not in the church and he smokes weed... everyday...
i was so annoyed that he even brought the arteest up as it is a totally different scenario and the arteest doesn't irk me anymore now that i know where we stand. so i ended up going on a tirade basically saying that yes i still talk to the arteest but we are friends. i don't have any expectations as far as that is concerned. i just take it for what it is. and when i had talked to b-more about being irked with the arteest it was because when i first met him last august he did everything right... was so sweet... we talked all the time... he seemed really interested... then as soon as there was some intimacy he shut me down and it turned into him not being ready for a relationship and that did irk me at the time. which is why i vented. but i processed and am over it. so i was double irked that b-more would even bring that up. i am not gonna talk to someone just for the sake of talking to someone. i am not short on admirers. it's not hard to find a "man" but the man i do choose to be with needs to be compatible with me and be bringing something to the table. now i am not dissing toes because he is a very good guy and i know he will make someone an excellent husband but i don't think it's gonna be me. the age alone is a turnoff. i barely want to talk to someone a year or two younger than me, much less 6. and the fact that i still socialize with the arteest has nothing to do with that because if i meet someone else that is looking for what i am looking for and is in my age range and is more of what i am looking for, i will be all about it.

and speaking of not being short on admirers... this guy i used to work with in my old dept. at verizon hits me up on sametime everyday. (sametime is lotus version of instant messenger).
he hits me up every morning and just says what up. that's it. it is so random
and if i make small talk just trying to see what he wants, the convo usually ends with him saying we should hang out. this happens everyday... every...... day..... he is about to get blocked because that is weird

next!

my lil sis is a poet/songwriter and she wrote a fantastic song... it's basically about relationships but it is written in terms of a chess game. i freakin love it. she wants me to learn it and sing it so that may be happening. yall, i can sing but i have serious stage fright. pray for me! LOL!

that may be it for now. hmmmm
yeah that's it. maybe i'll post some pics from my b-day party...

Photobucket

me and my sis the songwriter
Photobucket

Photobucket

me and pink shoes -aka- scrabble girl
Photobucket


making it rain
Photobucket

and

Photobucket

6 comments:

Nina said...

You're really pretty! Anywho! I'll be back at your spot pretty soon..Oh no! You're a God-fearing woman..do not! judge what you read...lolololol...

*adds to blogroll*

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

dang yawl were swingin {zwagin} as we pronuce down in memphis. Nice blog and dont fear, my truck brok down friday on highway here in atl. dropped 1100 on it toda and im still smiling. do chk me out one day and if u like what u read, feel free to chk me out more and add to your roll

Janelle said...

1st off....I am loving this lipstick you are wearing!!!

2 don't you hate when the car won't cooperate with your plans...

3 not having the tiks could've lead to disaster....good thing you brought them online!

Anonymous said...

Yall made it rain on them hoes?! LOL

Awww I didn't know you had freckles - cute pics!

I could see where B-more was coming from regarding Arteest vs. Toes if he thought that you and Arteest were more than just 'cool' @ this point. Other than that you're right, no point in going from one 'he ain't the one' to a 'he d@mn sure ain't the one' -- keep it moving.

Chris said...

You are really making me feel like a slacker...I'm so focused on applying for jobs, I haven't posted...well, to say the least, your situations are funny...SMH at your nicknames for people. Your pics are cute...and honestly, I'm glad to see that someone else lives a true life "Wonder Years" like I do...

Anonymous said...

This is the Arteests personal assistant again....WTF? The story that was told by the writer is a little incorrect. The Arteest has always been a very nice person. Unfortunately his is not the "marrying" kind, a good boyfriend or any of that mushy stuff. The Arteest always has liked the Pices very much and as such decided to spare her from his Arteestry.....the boy has some issues. The Arteest had/has some issues that are yet to be disclosed (dont hold your breath) which preclude him from being serious with anyone who is THAT close to Bmore and others. By the way Bmore should be called "The Intercontinental Champion" and he knows why. The Arteest would like to remind everyone that we are all GROWN and as such we should all KNOW BY NOW how niggas are....that nigga included. In my best Cliffy D voice....This is what I do...I do what I does...and you would do it to...if you was me...see...that is what you do...when you be doin what you does..if I dd what YOU did..I wouldn't be...ME !!!!