Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I am on my Huey Freeman!!

Ashanti can not sing. someone please make it stop!! the mouse-like whining is NOT CUTE! uhhhhhhg...
i mentioned how non-singing this chick is to the arteest and his response was
"well she's nice to look at"
my response to that was
"she's hairy"
him: "she is hairy... but still nice to look at... that kind of distracts from the non-singing!"
me: "she's alright... but no one is looking at her while in their car and her voice is grating"

somehow that conversation turned to alicia keys... and the arteest saying she has dude tendencies and she is tom boyish. which i agreed to but then pointed out that she has been softening it up. so he agreed but said he prefers tomboy girls because they are more real. He was saying someone in sneaks is more real than someone in heels. i said i thought that was a juvenile point of view. it actually turned into a pretty good debate/discussion. it eventually became a discussion about inter-racial dating and how from his experiences, the dudes that date white women exclusively, do so because black women gave too many problems or didn't want them. i am so sick of hearing this. it is a cop out. i said as much too. if you like a certain aesthetic, no one can fault you for that. Just admit you like how white chicks look. but don't say it is because black women are a handful. seriously, that is ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as women who decide they are no longer gonna date men because the last 3 dudes did them wrong. If you like cooch, or are curious about cooch, just say so... don't blame the last nigga. Cuz in truth, there is obviously something internal that is causing you to form relationships with the same type of person repeatedly. I recognize this in myself, i tend to deal with people that are not as stable as myself... i call it the "save the puppy syndrome". meaning, i am more attracted to people i can help than people who can help me. that causes me to deal with some losers. i have recognized that and am trying to do better in the future. but i am not gonna say i am never dating black dudes again because they are all worthless... that is completely immature and irresponsible. again, just admit you like "good hair" and no melanin. everyone has a right to like who they want. some people like tall, some like short... whatever. but i think it is silly. and maybe it is superficial of me to prefer someone saying they just like how white girls look but that is honestly how i feel. that makes more sense to me.
the arteest gave two examples of black dudes he knows that were "corny" back in the day and no black chicks wanted them so they both started dating white chicks. so i'm like why not try some chicks in another environment or circle. if you are constantly approaching the same type of chick (economically, socially, and mentally the same not racially), chance are you are gonna get the same result. why not expand your experience to include other segments of the population and see what happens then? and i say all that not to say black men should only date black women. believe me i have no problem with inter-racial dating. i believe everyone has a right to love who they want. but i just think it is juvenile and ignorant to discount all black women because you dated the 5 with the stankest attitudes.

i really could go on and on about this and all that is related
- like black women having emotional problems due to the black male not being present
- economic injustice. poverty has a lot to do with self esteem and self worth. and self esteem and worth are directly related to how one treats themselves and others.

it's just so much deeper but i am gonna stop now...
too many boondock episodes for me!!

4 comments:

Chris said...

...at least you weren't getting your Uncle Ruckus on...one of my homeboys does that. He keeps telling me how white women are so attractive to him...but based on my personal experiences, white women are a handfull too. At least with a black women, I can see the set-up of her going off on me, and I can see the logic. It took me 4 months to be able to understand the brand of crazy that a white woman clutches. It was so odd and opposite of logic that I don't think I could do it again.

I'll give white women this:
1. They give amazing gifts...
2. They treat you like you are the best thing in the world...for a while.

I'm not saying that this CAN'T happen with a black chick, but it's harder to obtain, which is hard because I'm a big giver myself, so because I know it's gonna be a while before I get it in return, I don't give...I dunno, it's something I could talk/type about for hours...and if you want to hit up the Chicago shoe spots...email me.

Anonymous said...

I dont believe The Arteest actually said that girls in sneaks are realler or anything like that. The Arteest said no one likes a chick that wears makeup and push-up bras and girdles and shit to look all good...then you wake up next to her in the morning with no make up and she looks like Willis from different strokes. Hair all not there....titties soggy like 3 day old helium baloons, toes all crusty, booty all lumpy and shit...and her eyes aint hazel no more....they black! What the F***k? I just like to know what I'm getting in to. A chick with NO MAKEUP thats still sexy is REAL. A Barbie doll with $73 worth of MAC makeup on is not! Thats all the dude said....keep it real...keep it cool....keep it original....like the recipe....Holla Black...or don't holla at all........

Janelle said...

1st. I thought I was the only damn person on earth who hates that damn Ashanti. this is why i loves ya jirzy.

2nd. i usually steer clear of the interacial thing since it's just really not my cup of tea... black men come in too many shades for me to want to try vanilla...?... any ways enough of the 31 flavors of beautiful black men... I hate when people catagorize who they can and cannot fall in love with.. being a dark skin woman, I've had all the backwards ass comments from "you're pretty for a darkskin girl" to "I've never met a black girl like you" really? is you box that you live in so small you haven't met any descent black women doing they thang? i'm with you jirzy...get a new damn box!

3rd.The person who wrote the second comment is forgetting that white girls spend thousands of dollars of month tryna get like us. lips getting inflated, tits and ass filled with thigh fat, hair falling out from bleaching, skin peeling from tanning and having it stitched to their damn skull, toes even more crusted cause they never wear shoes or they got on hooker heels please get outta here with that silliness... a white girl would give her first child (well the ones she didn't swallow) to be fine ass black girl...

Eb the Celeb said...

I hate ashanti too and that new song that everyone loves... makes me cringe everytime I hear it