Saturday, February 09, 2008

my nigga moment

I ran out of gas for the first time in my life. it was funny. well maybe not funny but there is some humor to be found in every situation, right? anyway, I was rolling down the highway, steady talking on the phone, completely not paying attention... and my car (well my brother's car that i am borrowing) started slowing down and then came to a complete stop. i was able to make it over to the shoulder and i would have probably cried but my friend i was on the phone with assured me i could get road side assistance. so i called emergency and let them know the situation. a state trooper comes up and tells me roadside assistance stops working at 9 so i either had to find someone to bring me some gas or he was gonna have to call a tow truck. soooo i tried my friend i was on the phone with but she was 45 minutes away. I tried my roommate but she was an hour away... i tried my roommates brother and he was also an hour away so i swallowed my pride and called Heart... yeah well he definitely helped me out... came to my rescue. but was not at all pleased about it. i really feel bad but i was not paying a tow truck. but i hate being vulnerable or having to ask for help. but i definitely learned my lesson and will be checking the fuel gage much more frequently.

i have to go get ready to go to a b-day party. i am not beat but i feel obligated to go because it is for my god-daughter's mom......... i am feeling a tad anti-social.
if anything interesting happens, maybe i'll blog about it.


***update***
i really don't feel like going to this party... uhg
and i have a question.
Why am i disappointed with an outcome i was expecting?? i mean since i was expecting it, wouldn't that negate the whole disappointment part? i guess not....

yall this happens to me quite often which leads me to believe it's gotta be me. something is missing that keeps me repeating the same decisions with different faces.. ya know...

i hate that i even care. double uhg...

ALSO... i'm so glad some of my blog family is still out there. i am trying to see what i missed in 2007. jenny, can't wait to see what's been going on with My and everything else,
kiesha.. my pennsylvania pal. i always enjoyed you... gotta catch up.
g.cornelius... i need to see an "i'll keep you posted" in my comments ASAP!
jilly where did you go??? i NEED a dose of your poetry... like NEED... can i get a haiku or something??? argh
nona get back to work blogging!!!
jules???
chris???? how is the baby? where are you in cyberspace???
a.?? come back!

3 comments:

Horus said...

I was on an evil stretch of highway called 380 in between post, tx and roswell, nm when my tank went empty for the first time in my life. No cell reception and no one travels this road very often. I waited in my car for like 2 hours before a car came and I pretty much forced them to stop for me. Scary.

Anonymous said...

she's back!! yeah, i had my moment a few months ago. clearly i misjudged how much longer i could drive with the "get fuel" message on...drove right past the gas station...up the hill...and the car stopped LOL!

re: the expectations thing. maybe you still had that little tinge of hope that the outcome would exceed your expectations.

Chris said...

Well, I hate to say it, but this happened to me too a couple of months ago. I ran out of gas, wasn't able to get over to the shoulder, and I got hit! Since I drive a cop car, not much happened...scuffs on my car, but her car was jacked up. I had to get a tow, couldn't find anyone to bail me out...so it sucked, but it could've been way worse. The biggest thing is...I had money to get gas, I was just being cheap and waiting to get to a cheaper gas station...never again will that happen to me.