Friday, May 26, 2006

time to catch up

okay so let me rekindle my blog with what happened with the engagement. I was engaged to my right-after-high-school sweetheart. We were together from the time I was 17 until now... 8 and a half years later. we were supposed to be getting married this September... a chick done bought a dress and errything. well a few months after the engagement, the fiancee (lets call him hotsauce) started acting strange. By strange I mean very introspective, we lost our communication and we lost some of the spark just from falling into the routine of everyday life. I would try to talk to him and see what was on his mind but he would always answer with a "nothing" or "i'm fine". Finally, it got to the point where I just straight out asked him was he ready to get married and I told him I would understand if he wasn't. But he insisted that he was and that he wanted to marry me so we continued with our plans. The next thing that started happening is some random chick kept calling him... now I like to be a trusting person so i didn't think too much of it. We were having small problems but nothing worth breaking up over so I realized there must have been something bigger under the surface. I tried talking about what I was feeling to no avail. Now womens' intuition is real and I am not stupid but I didn't want to believe that our 8 year relationship was over just because Hotsauce needed to see what else was out there but it was. the thing that finally pushed me to leave, is that one day I paid the electric bill and when I checked our joint balance, we were short by like $100 so I asked him about it and he WENT OFF on me... when I say went off I mean WENT OFF basically accusing me of stealing "his" money. Now I was so hurt because #1 I am not a thief and 2 he is a teacher so I covered all the bills all by myself at least two months out of the year when he wasn't getting a regular check. So how could he come at me over a budgeting mistake. I had to leave.... that was on top of everything else that was happening and I will not be direspected. so I left and stayed with my cousin thinking we just needed time apart to clear our heads and work things out. Now imagine the blow when I find out 10 days after I left he was dating the chick that was calling him. 10 days later. after 8 years together and with more than half my ish still in the house we bought together. then to rub salt in the wound he changed the locks but still wanted us to "date" to "find that spark again".... how about HELL TO THE MUTHA EFFIN NO! thanks. This was almost 3 months ago and I am starting to become accustomed to singledom... I am happy that all this happened now and not after we were married... but it still hurts. However, I have been dating a new gentleman who I like... we are taking it EXTREMELY slow because we both came out of bad breakups and don't want to rush into anything. There are some details missing out the story but that is the short and sweet of it. I am on to bigger and better things...

2 comments:

MC said...

Welcome back.

And you're right...it's better that the relationship dissolved before you got married. The only exception would be is if dude was filthy rich. But you say he’s a teacher so you would probably end up being the one who has to pay alimony.

a. said...

I wish you well. Dude could have had his check spread throughout the year...maybe it depends on the state/district. And teachers make a decent living (in the northeast at least).