Tuesday, May 30, 2006

how many burnt hotdogs can one person eat??

The weather in the Philly metro area was PERFECT this weekend... and confirmed what I knew all along... weather forecasters don't know ish!! The forecasters were saying it was going to rain on Friday and Saturday. never happened. I am glad though... I really got a chance to get out and enjoy the weekend. So Friday after work I went to a this place called Top Dog for happy hour... it was cool... nothing to brag about. Saturday, went to a BBQ at my friend Tadpole's house and that was really nice left there tipsy and went to see the new guy I've been dating. so I get to his apt and he says he doesn't want to go out because he does not go to the club with women he is seeing... and I am like okaaaaaaay why the hell not? and he says because he made a rule when he was 21 that he would NEVER go to a club with someone he is seeing ever again because of what happened back then. So I was a lil tipsy and you know alcohol will have you saying exactly what is on your mind and well... I did just that.
Me: Are you serious? Please tell me you are joking!!
Him: Yes I am serious. we are who we are based on our previous experiences and I made that decision based on what happened at that time and I have never gone back on that
Me: You mean to tell me you are 29 years old and you are still living by rules you made when you were 21?? I am 26 and I don't live by "rules" I made when I was 21. So what happened that was so traumatic?
Him: I don't want to talk about it.
Me: So you mean to tell me that I am gonna be suffering the repercussions of everything you've ever gone through with every other broad?
Him: When have I ever held the past against you b4?
Me: You are doing it now... who knows what the means for the future. I am not them girls, I am someone completely different. if you don't want to go that is fine but don't try to make it seem like it is because of some life lesson...
*my cell phone rings the t-mobile jingle* and it's my friend who happens to be a dude that was at the BBQ I had just come from.
Me: *answering phone* hey _____ did _____ (pink shoes girl) drop you off yet? I'm trying to see if she still wants to go out tonight.
*him in the background* Hey ______ (being EXTRA because he knew it was a guy)
Me: (to Him)Shut up please... thanks. (to person on the phone) anyway if you talk to (pink shoes girl) tell her to call me because this cornball who's house I'm at doesn't want to go because of some rule he made when he was 21.
Him: Why you got to put my business all out in the streets? how immature is that?? I was gonna go but now I am really not going.
Me: *hangs up with person on the phone then goes off* Are you effing kidding me?? You weren't going anywhere... you just sat here for 20 minutes telling me how you weren't going then all of a sudden you were gonna go but now you aren't going anymore.... yeah right. you are wack... I'm out
Him: alright have a good time...

So I left and SLAMMED the door behind me and he comes to the door like did you just slam my door.
Me: Yeah I slammed it and I will slam it again!!!
Him: Don't be slamming my door like you got a problem.
Me: Whatever

I left and I am driving to Mt. Laurel to pick up my friend to go with me. While I'm driving I get a call from Him asking if I was still mad at him so I said no I was just annoyed so we talked about it and all is well. anyway I ended up not getting to the club until 1:15 and clubs in Philly close at 2. but I did have fun for the few minutes I was there...

Sunday my aunt had a BBQ so I went over there after church... my aunt is one of those people that invite you over for a BBQ and ain't got NOTHING cooked. and you know negros be HONGREE after church... that was fun hanging witht he cousins and my parents came up from MD. other than that Sunday was boring....

Monday was cool... went to the church picnic and the food was pretty good... spent the whole day there and it was cool... then went over Him's house again and stayed over there... woke up LATE this morning but still made it into work on time... cuz I'm good like that.

oh yeah I have a wicked Ebay addiction... someone help me!

oh yeah again.... Him told me I was beautiful last night... awwwww compliments will get him far with me! LOL!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I'm scared to say welcome back because I might not hear from you for another year....

Sorry to hear about your engagment...good thing is you have a chance to put your life in prospective and see things from outside the box...